These airy oatmeal pancakes without banana are a simple and healthy breakfast that everyone in your family will love! They are made without flour and without sugar. They are delicious and versatile. Use your favorite toppings. Add fruit or chocolate chips to the batter to put your own spin on the recipe. I love raspberries, so I always add them at the end.
Healthy oatmeal pancakes without banana
Pancakes are probably my favorite breakfast. I love to experiment with it. This time I decided to make very simple, healthy pancakes with a subtle vanilla flavor. They are so super turned out! I used oats instead of regular flour because oats have many health benefits.
There are very few things you need to make this delicious healthy breakfast:
- about 10 minutes
- a food processor or hand blender
- one pan
- 6 ingredients.
Only 6 ingredients
I made these pancakes with only 6 ingredients that I already had in the house, and I’m pretty sure you have them too:
- we have replaced flour with oats
- honey will sweeten the mixture a bit
- egg is the binding agent
- We use yogurt to keep the pancakes fluffy (in combination with baking powder)
- baking powder
- vanilla for a subtle delicious taste
When making pancakes like this, I always grind the oatmeal before mixing it. You can do this with a food processor.
You can also run the oatmeal with the rest of the ingredients in a blender. Or you can put these in a bowl and mix with a hand blender. If your mixture becomes too runny, let it stand for 1-2 minutes.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or butter
- Grind the oats with a food processor.
- Mix the egg with the yogurt, vanilla and honey in a small bowl.
- Add the oatmeal and baking soda.
- Preheat a non-stick pan; you’ll need a low to medium heat. Cover the surface with coconut oil or butter.
- Use a large spoon or a ladle to make small pancakes, leaving some space between them so you can easily flip them when they are done.
- When the edges of the pancakes appear cooked and bubbles rise to the top, it’s time to gently, but quickly flip the pancakes.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings!
Oatmeal pancakes without banana make a healthy and delicious breakfast. Done in no time. You add your own fruit and toppings to finish it off.
Do you eat this often? What toppings do you use?
Let me know!