These airy oatmeal pancakes are a simple and healthy breakfast that everyone in your family will love! They are made without flour and without sugar. They are delicious and versatile. Use your favorite toppings. Add fruit or chocolate chips to the batter to put your own spin on the recipe. I love raspberries, so I always add them at the end.
Healthy oatmeal pancakes
Pancakes are probably my favorite breakfast. I love to experiment with it. This time I decided to make very simple, healthy pancakes with a subtle vanilla flavor. They are so super turned out! I used oats instead of regular flour because oats have many health benefits.
There are very few things you need to make this delicious healthy breakfast:
Ingredients oatmeal pancakes
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or butter
- Grind the oats with a food processor.
- Mix the egg with the yogurt, vanilla and honey in a small bowl.
- Add the oatmeal and baking soda.
- Preheat a non-stick pan; you’ll need a low to medium heat. Cover the surface with coconut oil or butter.
- Use a large spoon or a ladle to make small pancakes, leaving some space between them so you can easily flip them when they are done.
- When the edges of the pancakes appear cooked and bubbles rise to the top, it’s time to gently, but quickly flip the pancakes.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings!
You can use numerous different types of oatmeal in bags or larger sizes.
Oatmeal pancakes with banana
These banana pancakes are easy to make, so delicious and also a great breakfast after a workout. This is because they are packed with healthy and complex carbohydrates. If you use oatmeal collagen they contain 13 g of protein per serving (whatttt?). Indeed.
Ingredients with banana
- 1/2 to 1 medium ripe bananas . Super ripe bananas give the pancakes their natural sweetness. Make sure they have lots of brown spots!
- 1 egg
- 1 bag of oatmeal. If you want extra protein/protein, you can use oatmeal collagen. You can also use other types of oatmeal.
- Olive oil or coconut oil for cooking
- The best banana oatmeal pancakes
Recipe oatmeal pancakes with banana
- Add all ingredients in a bowl. Use your fork and mash everything flat. You can also use the blender. Let the batter rest for minutes while you heat up your pan.
- Lightly coat a griddle with coconut oil, vegan butter or olive oil and set over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add 1/3 cup of the batter to the griddle for each pancake and cook for 2-4 minutes until the pancakes swell slightly and you see a few bubbles along the edges.
- Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more oil and remaining batter. Makes a total of 3 pancakes. That’s it. Turn over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve & devour. Serve pancakes with fresh fruit and a dash of pure maple syrup if desired!
Oatmeal pancakes make a healthy and delicious breakfast. Done in no time. You add your own fruit and toppings to finish it off.
You can also make delicious oatmeal wafers.
Do you eat this often? What toppings do you use?
Let me know!