Yogurt Bowl recipes are a fun dish for breakfast or snack. The yogurt itself offers plenty of calcium, magnesium and protein.
Finding time to make a well-balanced breakfast can sometimes be difficult. Finding the perfect breakfast is not always easy. Often we want something quick and easy. But, of course, it also has to be nutritious. We don’t always have time to get out the pans and do extensive cooking. Yogurt bowls take only a few minutes to make. Moreover, the variety is endless. You could eat a different version every day of the week.
Adding fresh fruit to your bowl provides sweetness, beautiful colors and vitamins. Fruit is a natural source minerals.
You can also add nuts, of course. These are a great way to add protein and healthy fats to your yogurt. Nuts are also high in fiber and make you feel full longer. Nuts are also very high in antioxidants. Studies have shown that nuts are a great weight loss aid. In fact, in some specific nuts (such as walnuts and pistachios) your body would absorb fewer calories than in other foods.
Here are nuts options to try:
Plus, you can really make them your own by adding your favorite toppings. From oats to fruit with nuts, almonds etc. Today we are going to experiment with coconut. This provides a crunchy texture. Of course, you can add all kinds of fruit. The choice is yours.
Let’s get started
Yogurt Bowl Recipes: Ingredients (1 serving)
What do we all need?
- 2 tablespoons (soy) yogurt
- 1-2 large tablespoons coconut yogurt
- optional: 1 scoop protein powder
- optional: pinch of cinnamon
- 25g frozen red fruit
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 bag of Granopops of choice
If you want, you can also add seed topping.
How do we make our dish?
- Thaw the frozen red fruit in the microwave (0.5 to 1 minute at about 700W)
- Add in the maple syrup and set aside for a moment
- Mix the (soy) yogurt together with the coconut yogurt, cinnamon and protein powder, stir well so that no ‘lumps’ form
- Pour over the fruit coulis and finish with the bag of crunchy Granopops.
Yogurt Bowl Recipes are delectable. It’s easy to make and ready in no time. By using protein powder, we provide extra protein. Fruits and nuts, in turn, bring additional fiber.
What does your yogurt bowl look like? What’s your favorite?
Let me know.