Making oatmeal is easy and can be done in several ways, depending on your personal preference. Here is a basic recipe for how to make oatmeal:
- Water or milk (or a combination of both)
- A pan
- A spoon for stirring
- Optional additions such as fruit, nuts, seeds, honey, cinnamon or other spices
- Measure out the desired amount. A serving of 40-50 grams of oatmeal is usually enough for one person.
- In a saucepan, bring the desired amount of water or milk to a boil. You can also use a combination of water and milk, depending on your preference.
- Add the oatmeal to the boiling water or milk and stir well. Simmer over low heat for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it reaches the desired thickness. If you like thicker oatmeal, you can use less water or milk and let it cook longer.
- Add any optional ingredients such as fruit, nuts, seeds, honey or cinnamon and stir again.
- Add it to a bowl and let it cool for a while before eating. You can add some extra milk or toppings to taste if you wish.
You can also opt for overnight oats where you soak the oatmeal in milk or yogurt the night before and just serve it the next morning.