Speculoos porridge I like to make on weekends, on cold days. It is sweet, soft, warming and most of all delicious. I really take my time making speculaas porridge.
Ingredients (1 serving)
What do we need?
- 1 bag of oatmeal
- 1 medjool date, pitted and cut into small pieces (can be replaced by 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey)
- 1 teaspoon speculaaskruidenmix
- ¾ cup (180ml) vegetable milk of choice + some more if needed
- Topping: speculaas cookies
How do we get started
- Add all ingredients except topping to a small saucepan. Mix and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes over low heat, or until desired creamy consistency, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and, if desired, mix in some additional vegetable milk for a thinner consistency.
- Finish with the crumble of speculaas cookies.
This is a great breakfast that takes a little more time. But it’s definitely worth it.
Have you ever made speculoos porridge?
Let me know!