Have you heard of Bircher Muesli overnight?
Bircher Muesli was developed around 1900 by a Swiss doctor. It is still a very popular breakfast in Switzerland and Germany. You make the granola nice and creamy by preparing the breakfast the night before. Let it rest overnight in your refrigerator and it will come into its own.
Ingredients (1 serving)
What do you all need?
- 1 bag of Muesli Natural
- 4 tablespoons warm (or hot) water
- Half an apple: core removed, peeled and grated or cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons natural yogurt
- Optional: 1 tablespoon raisins
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Topping: sliced apples, blueberries, pinch of cinnamon
If you want to add nuts or dried fruit, you can do that too of course.
How do we make our breakfast?
- Mix the granola and hot water in a bowl. Set aside and soak for 15-20 minutes (or overnight).
- After this time, add the grated apple, yogurt, raisins and cinnamon, mix until everything is well combined.
- Your Bircher granola is ready to eat!
- Finish with your favorite toppings
TIP: Make this recipe in a jar and take it with you as your to-go breakfast.
Bircher Muesli Overnight is a deliciously creamy breakfast best made in the evening before bed. Let it rest in the refrigerator for an evening, then it will be delicious the next morning. I then always look forward to my breakfast when I get up in the morning.
Have you ever made Bircher Muesli Overnight? How do you make it?
Let me know!